- How can I create a new Profile on Shaadi.com?
Posting your Profile on Shaadi.com is easy and completely FREE of cost. All you need to do is fill in our FREE Registration
- How do I edit my Shaadi.com Profile?
to edit your Profile. You can also access this page by clicking on ‘Edit Profile’ from your My Shaadi
- How can I change my Display Name on my Profile?
You can change your Display Name and change your Display Name settings from the My Account page inside ‘Settings’.
If you prefer not to display your full name on your Profile, you can choose to display your First Name and initial of last name e.g. Sonika M or you can choose to display a custom username
- Can I change any/all of my Profile information from the Edit Profile page?
You can change most of the information in your Profile. However, there are some items (e.g. your date of birth, gender, marital status and religion) that can be changed only in exceptional circumstances. To change these fields please write to Customer Relations providing a valid reason for the change.
- Can I change my email after registering with Shaadi.com and creating my Profile?
to access the ‘My Account’ page and edit your email.
- Why should I add my photograph to my matrimonial Profile?
Our statistics show that adding a photo to your Profile increases the number of times your Profile is viewed, by upto 7 times. You are also likely to receive 10 times as many responses if you add a Profile photo. You can add upto 20 photos to your Shaadi.com Profile.
to add Photos to your Profile.
- Is it safe to add my photos along with the Profile?
Yes, it is absolutely safe to add Photos to your Profile. Shaadi.com ensures that all photographs are watermarked so as to prevent your photos from being tampered with.
- While uploading my photograph, I saw an error message that the image must be in jpg, gif, bmp, tiff or png format, what does this mean?
Jpg, gif, bmp, tiff and png are the most popular digital image formats on the internet. Shaadi.com accepts only these image formats for Profile photos.
- How do I remove my Photo from my Profile?
To remove your photo from your Profile, go to your My Photos
page and use the delete function on the photo that you want to remove.
- Why are my uploaded photos not appearing on my Profile?
Shaadi.com screens all photographs uploaded by Members to ensure that these photos are genuine and do not violate socially accepted norms. It takes us up to 24 hours to screen your photos, during which period your photos will not be visible. We will notify you via email once your photo passes the screening process and becomes visible on Shaadi.com.
- How can I search for Profiles on Shaadi.com? What are the search options available?
To search for Profiles on Shaadi.com, you can use any of the following options:
- Basic Search allows you to search for Profiles as per basic criteria like age, height, marital status, religion, location, etc.
- The Advanced Search option gives you more detailed search options. The additional search options include education, profession, complexion, manglik status, etc.
- The Who is Online option lets you search for Profiles who are currently online on Shaadi.com.
- The Special Cases option allows you to search for physically/mentally challenged Members.
- The Saved Search option allows you to save upto three searches with different criteria. You can run a Saved Search at a later time to get a list of Members who match the criteria specified.
- The ‘Refine Search’ option appears on the left of your page after you have performed a search. The Refine Search feature allows you to drill down and filter your results based on photo availability, marital status, mother tongue, religion, country, state, city, education, profession and more.
- Additionally, you can also use Profile ID search to locate particular Members on Shaadi.com.
- In what order are my search results listed?
Search results are shown by default using a custom algorithm developed by Shaadi.com. This is used to maximise responses to your Profile. You can also sort the results by ‘Newest First’ and ‘Last Logged in First’.
- In the search results I can see some small icons next to some of the Profiles. What do those icons mean?
Shaadi.com uses different icons to denote the status of Profile information, e.g. whether Phone number is verified or not, whether horoscope is added or not, etc.
- What is the Matches feature? How does it work?
Based on your Profile and Partner Preferences, Shaadi.com shows you a list of Profiles under your Matches list.
Preferred Matches: These are Members who exactly match your Partner Preferences
Broader Matches: These are Members who match some of your Partner Preferences and are slightly outside some of your other Preferences.
Reverse Matches: These Members have set Partner Preferences that match your Profile information.
2-way Matches: Both of you match each others’ Partner Preferences.
- Can I shortlist Profiles that I like on Shaadi.com?
If you like a Member’s Profile, we recommend that you contact the Member immediately by Expressing Interest. In case you want to decide later, you can add these Members to a ‘Shortlist’. You can revisit these Profiles by visiting the Shortlists page and decide to Express Interest later.
You can create upto 10 Shortlists. You can also add the same Profile to multiple Shortlists that you have created.
Memberships / Payment options
- What are the benefits of a FREE Membership?
Registration on Shaadi.com is FREE !!. For absolutely no cost, you can register
and create your Profile. Some of the benefits you get as a free Member are:
- What is a Premium Membership?
A paid Membership is called a Premium Membership on Shaadi.com. Premium Members enjoy additional features by which they can promote their Profile on Shaadi.com to other Members.
- What are the primary benefits of becoming a Premium Member?
As a Premium Member you can avail of the following benefits:-
- Post your Profile on the Member's Wall and get noticed
- Send an Email with your Profile to the Member's email id
- Initiate Chats and highlight your Profile to get faster responses
- Send an SMS to the Member's mobile phone
Becoming a Premium Members increases your chances of getting a response. Our data shows that the finding a partner is 12 times more likely if you upgrade to a Premium Membership.
- What are the different Membership Plans on Shaadi.com?
Premium Plan: This is subcategorized into Gold (3 months), Diamond (6 months), Platinum (12 months)
Premium Plus Plan: This is subcategorized into Gold Plus (3 months) , Diamond Plus (6 months), Platinum Plus (12 months)
Both Premium and Premium Plus Members enjoy the benefits as described above. Premium Plus Members can additionally promote their Profile via ‘Bold Listing’ and ‘Spotlight’.
- What is Bold Listing?
Bold Listing makes your Profile stand out in a Search result page amongst thousands of other Profiles and increases your chances of being contacted.
Your Profile will be made bold whenever it appears in:
- Search results.
- Preferred & Broader Matches
- Reverse Matches
- 2-way Matches
Login / Password
- How do I Login and Logout from Shaadi.com?
The Login and Logout options are found at the top right corner of the Shaadi.com website. Click here
to login to Shaadi.com.
- Can I be permanently logged into my account to avoid logging in everytime I visit Shaadi.com?
Yes, you can be logged into your account permanently by selecting the “Stay Signed in” option next to the “Sign in” button.
We recommend that you do NOT use the ‘Stay Signed in’ feature if you are signing in from a shared computer.
- Can other Members of Shaadi.com come to know when I am logged into Shaadi.com?
Yes. The Who is Online
feature lists Members who are currently online. This feature helps online Members to get noticed.
- I forgot my password, what should I do? How can I login to the Shaadi.com Matrimonial Service?
If you have forgotten your password, we can send it to you via email. Click here
and enter your email; you will receive your Login and Password credentials immediately.
- How can I change my password?
to visit the ‘My Settings’ page and change your password. The ‘My Settings’ page can be accessed by clicking on your display name on the top right, after you login.
We have created these FAQs based on questions asked by our Members. We are confident that you will find answers to most of your queries here.
If you still cannot find the information you are looking for please contact us in any of the following ways:
- Write to us and we will respond within 24 hours
- Talk to Customer Relations using 24x7 Live help
- Call 1-860-5003456 (Standard Charges apply)